Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you drink or use drugs alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking or drug use?
- Has your physician ever treated you for drinking or drug use?
- Do you drink or use drugs to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution because of drinking or drug use?
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking or drug use?
- Is drinking or drug use making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink or use drugs because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking or drug use affecting you reputation?
- Have you gotten in financial difficulties as a result of drinking of drug use?
- Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking or using drugs?
- Does your drinking or drug use make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking or using drugs?
- Do you crave a drink of drugs at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink or drugs the next morning?
- Does drinking or using drugs cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking or using drugs?
- Is drinking or using drugs jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink or use drugs to escape from worries or troubles?
Answering ‘Yes’ to three or more questions indicates that either abuse or dependence is present and corrective action needs to be taken. [Questions are courtesy of John Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA]
If you feel you or a loved one needs treatment, please call 011 – 782 5903 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org